Monday, October 6, 2014

Polka dot Witch Hat

Is is feeling like Autumn yet where you live? Well we got a big dose of it here this weekend. It was chilly, and the leaves are starting to change. So in the spirit of Halloween and Autumn, today I have a cute, and not so scary, witch hat project for you to complete. I actually worked on this project at a recent family craft night, we had so much fun! Here are the supplies that you will need.
A cardboard witch hat (I found mine at Michaels Craft Store)
Paint
Sponge brushes
Circle sponge brush (found at Michaels Craft Store)
Crepe paper
Halloween clip art and embellishments
Glue gun
A paper punch

The first step is to paint your witches hat. We used black paint from Plaster Paints, but you can use any black paint that you have.

While the black paint is drying you can plan out your embellishments.
I used some fringed crepe paper that I found at Target to line the base of the hat.

Then I decided it would be fun to add some polka dots to the hat, so I got out the orange paint, and dotted the hat!
Finished it off with the remainder of the embellishments that I had selected. I used vintage inspired stickers that I found at Vintage Style and Designs along with some fun scrapbook paper, and vintage book paper. This is where you can get really creative and personalize it to your liking. :)
Here is the one my aunt made for my Granny. I think she loves it! 
This is a great project to get a group of friends together and get creative! I placed my hat on my Halloween mantel, on a stack of vintage books. I like the way it turned out. 
You can see my completed Halloween mantel here.
Hope you feel inspired to make a witch hat for your Halloween decorations! 
Until next time...
XO~Gretchen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by.