Friday, October 24, 2014

Halloween Treat Jar

I can't believe next week is Halloween, this Fall is just flying by! Today I have an easy DIY project. You can learn how to make these cute little Halloween treat jars.
Here are the supplies you will need:
Round glass jar. I found at Joann's Craft Store
Small witch hat. I also found at Joanns
Candy of your choice. I used Halloween M&M's
Halloween embellishments. You can download clip art and print it
Crepe paper
Ribbon or twine
A tag. I found mine at Joanns
A sharpie
Glue gun
Glue sticks
Double sided tape
First you will decorate your witch hat. Grab some ric rack, or ribbon and glue it around the base of the hat. I used the pumpkin stickers and added folded crepe paper to the back. I then used the double sided tape to help secure the crepe paper. Then I added a little torn piece of book page.



Pick your favorite candy and treat. I chose the M&M's because I thought they were the perfect color and they are white chocolate, which is my fav. 
I found these metal tags also at Joanns, and you can write on them with a sharpie. It's the perfect way to  personalize your gift. 
I am already thinking how you could find a little black top hat, and make these into snowmen for the holidays. :) You could add little embellishments to the hat, and a scarf. For the video tutorial to this craft you can click here

Volia' the perfect little treat jar. You can give these out to your kids, grandkids, teachers, neighbors, or any special person in your life. Enjoy and thanks for stopping by!
XO~Gretchen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by.