Monday, December 16, 2013

Hosting for the Holidays

Every year for the past 20 years my high school friends and I have gathered together for the holiday season. I have know these ladies for over 20 years. We have been there for each other through just about everything you can think of, and I am really blessed to have these girls in my life. These girls are like sisters to me, and I love them dearly. So it is really fun to be able to host our holiday get together, and make these girls feel special.
Here is a break down of my holiday table setting. I get asked all the time about my polka dot burlap table runner. I got the material at Joann Fabric. Not sure if they still have it, but you could make your own by purchasing burlap and adding the polka dots to it. Just a thought. ;) I used my milk glass to add some height to the bottle brush trees. Those are the trees I bleached and dyed myself. You can find the tutorial here.
I made this little bell jars and filled them with white chocolate peppermint bark that my son Noah made. I got the idea from my friend Melissa's blog you can find the tutorial here.
I also get asked a lot about these lovely deer plates. I bought them last year at a local boutique, but you can find them online here  They are by Rosanna, and they are called Walk in the Woods. I found the paper placemats at Target. I got 10 for $5.00. I love the layering effect. I used my velvet ribbon from Anthropologie to tie up the napkins.
This is my vintage tinsel tree that sits in my dining room. 
My collection of vintage inspired houses sit on my buffet. I used a pair of old shutters as back drops, and make a garland.
Christmas isn't just about presents, it's about gathering with the people you love. I am so happy I have the opportunity to host these girls for our Christmas get together.
Happy holidays to you, and I hope you feel inspired to host a little holiday get together at your nest.
XO~Gretchen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by.