Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Peppermint Pudding Pie

Peppermint Pudding Pie
Every year around this time, I look forward to making my peppermint pudding pie recipe.  It is super easy to make, and it is reduced fat, and reduced sugar.  And yes, it is still really yummy, you do not even miss any of the extra fat or sugar.  I have a little bit of a sweet tooth, but because I am diabetic I have to really watch what I eat, so I modified this pudding pie recipe.  Here are a list of the ingredients you will be using...
Low fat Cool Whip
2 Packages of Sugar Free White chocolate instant pudding
1 cup Skim milk
2 tsp. Peppermint extract
Roll out dough pie crust
peppermint chips, or crushed candy canes


Before you start mixing the ingredients for your pie, get the oven preheated to 450 degrees.  You will bake your pie crust first.  The Pillsbury Pie Crust work the best, I have tried the off brand, but it is not the same.
Roll out your pie crust, you will only need one.  Then place it in a oven safe pie dish.  You then have to pinch the sides all the way around.
 It looks like this before you smooth it out and pinch the sides.
This is what the pie crust should look like before it goes into the oven.  The directions say to bake at 450 degrees for 10-12 minutes.  I usually leave mine in for just about 8 minutes.  You just want it to get a slight golden brown like this...
So now while your pie crust is cooling you can get started on the pie filling.


In a large mixing bowl, add 2 packages of the sugar free white chocolate instant pudding, and 1 cup of skim milk.  Mix together until you get a thick smooth mixture.
Once you get this thick smooth mixture, then add the cool whip.  I either use one large tub of cool whip, or two of the smaller tubs.  I mix in a little at a time.  I also now add the 2 tsp. of peppermint extract.


Once it is all mixed together, then add the pie filling into your cooled pie crust.  I then add the peppermint chips, or crushed peppermint to the top.  And it is just as easy as that.  This pie is refreshing and light, and will leave you feeling less guilty about eating a holiday dessert!  Hope you have a wonderful holiday season, and please give this recipe a try, you will not be disappointed.
~Gretchen




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by.