Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Creating your own Artwork

Creating artwork for your nest can be fun and easy to do!  I painted these canvas my self.  I have a very tall stairwell in my home that needed some artwork, so this is what I came up with.  I bought four large white canvas and painted the base color aqua.  Next I used a large damask stencil, painted the edges, and voila, instant artwork.  This was an affordable way to cover a large space!

Artwork for the kids rooms.  This is a easy idea that you can get the kids involved in.  If you have a Cricut machine it works even better!  I just used the Cricut to cut out the letters, then found some scrapbook paper with cars and airplanes.  There are endless options for scrapbook paper!!  Then cut out some of your favorite imagines, and keep layering the papers.  I bought the frames super cheap, and lucky for me, my youngest son's name is short!

This next set was designed and created by my nine year old son!  He chose to just use his initials.  Again, this is a fun project to create with your kids!  What a great gift idea too, especially for a new baby!
Last but not least, these fun banners are really easy to make!  Again, I used the Cricut to cut out the letters.  Then I folded and pleated crepe paper behind the letters.  This is my Thanksgiving mantel this year.  This banner is a great idea to use for your own personalized birthday banner too.  The options are endless!  Thanks for looking.
XO~Gretchen



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by.